Portfolio »

Commercial »

Kelston Park


Kelston Park was originally constructed by John Wood the younger between 1765 and 1770 with gardens landscaped by Capability Brown. By the 1990's this grade II* listed house had fallen into disrepair.

The conversion to commercial use involved a trade-off. The original house would be reinstated as far as possible to its original form. The courtyard would lose its insensitive intrusions and gain a new heart in the form of a circular drum. This would link all the offices at ground level whilst allowing the reinstatement of original facades and opening up internal views.