Portfolio »

Bath, World Heritage Site »

St John's Hospital Almshouses

The practice was appointed in 2009 to prepare detailed proposals for the alteration and refurbishment of John Wood House, the first building by John Wood the Elder built in Bath in 1727 on the site of an earlier medieval structure and burial site. Completed in April 2012 the development provides 15 enlarged and modernised apartments for the elderly residents in the centre of Bath. Aaron Evans Architects negotiated Listed Building consent for the use of slim line double glazed units in replacement sash windows. This is the first use of double glazing in a grade 1 listed building in Bath.